Stay Active with Us
Sign up to get the latest news and events from YKK
Did You Know?
- YKK stands for Yoshida Kogyo Kabushikikaisha, which translates into Yoshida Company Limited.
- YKK’s worldwide zipper chain capacity is equal to more than 1.2 million miles. This can go around the earth more than 50 times. Of this amount, the National Manufacturing Center of YKK (U.S.A.) Inc. in Macon, Georgia produces around 65,000 miles of products annually.
- The National Manufacturing Center also produces 1.5 million pounds of brass annually to make zippers and sliders.
- YKK manufactures hook and look fastening tapes that are used in baby diapers and are designed to be sensitive to a baby’s soft skin.
- YKK also grows coffee beans on a farm in Brazil that are sold under the brand name Cafe Bonfino.
- In addition to manufacturing zippers for apparel, YKK makes an airtight zipper to go in space suits, a flame retardant zipper for firefighter gear, airtight zippers used in bagpipes and even a zipper for fish farm nets.
Watch YKK’s animated film “Fastening Days”
Watch “Fastening Days 2,” the sequel to YKK’s animated film “Fastening Days”
YKK Products are Everywhere! Click here for the interactive experience.