Stay Active with Us
Sign up to get the latest news and events from YKK
YKK’s Business Activities are Supported by Suppliers who Engage in Fair Business Practices
Fair business practices are the foundation of YKK’s business activities. We ask that our suppliers likewise engage in fair business practices.
What we expect from our suppliers:
In carrying out our business activities, the YKK Group is expected to undertake corporate social responsibility throughout its supply chain. To achieve this goal we need the help of our trading partners, and we ask that they comply with the following fair business practices.
- We require that our suppliers comply with applicable laws and regulations in their business activities as well as with social norms and implement fair and ethical business practices.
- We require that our suppliers ensure that they do not use forced labor and child labor. We also require that they provide wages and other conditions of employment as well as maintain health and safety standards that comply with the laws of the countries and regions where they do business.
- We request that our suppliers promote the preservation of the global environment as well as engage in procurement activities that are in accordance with our Green Procurement Policy. This policy is based upon our corporate philosophy, the Cycle of Goodness, which states that an enterprise is an important member of society and that it must thereby coexist with other elements of society, and the value of its existence will be recognized by the benefits it shares with society. The belief behind this is that no one prospers without rendering benefit to others. We carry out business activities with the aim of bringing mutual prosperity, and our intent is that innovative ideas and inventions will result in business expansion for the YKK Group, which in turn would bring prosperity to customers and trading partners, and thus benefit all society.
- We require that our suppliers also establish a quality assurance system for their products as well as ensure the quality and safety of products as required by the YKK Group.
- We request that our suppliers build an appropriate information security system and manage their information resources appropriately.
For more information, go to: http://www.ykk.com/english/corporate/csr/compliance.html
In addition to requiring that our suppliers must comply with the above fair business practices, if our suppliers use 3TG metals (tin, tungsten, tantalum and gold – metals defined by U.S. law as conflict minerals that are mined in the Democratic Republic of the Congo where armed conflict and human rights abuses occur) in their products, we require that they must be able to provide us with satisfactory confirmation that they have conducted a “reasonable country of origin inquiry” to determine that their 3TG metals are not originally sourced from the Democratic Republic of Congo or adjoining countries. This requirement is derived from Section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act which requires that companies that make products for which 3TG metals are necessary to the functionality or production of that product must assess their supply chains and publicly report on the source of these materials if they are sourced from regions of conflict in and around the Democratic Republic of Congo. YKK will not source 3TG containing raw materials from any supplier that is not able to provide us with satisfactory confirmation that they have conducted a “reasonable country of origin inquiry” to determine that their 3TG metals are not originally sourced from the Democratic Republic of Congo or adjoining countries.
For more information, go to: http://www.ykkfastening.com/sustainability/procurement.html