2019-07-15 Issue 105 – Fundamental Behavior 3 – Protect the Environment
We all have choices in life and the ones we choose mold us into who we are today.
The choice to protect our environment is one of those choices that people can make with no monetary cost involved but we gain a fruitful, life-changing experience when we make the correct choices. Those of us who have children are blessed; we want the best for them and we try to teach them responsibilities as well as give them a moral compass. With this in mind, they are human sponges who act and react according to what they have experienced in the household.
As such, “Protect the environment” starts at home with educating our children on the severity of the depletion of our planet’s resources. Educating our children in today’s world goes beyond what our parents taught us. It is up to us to educate them on the passion and due diligence it takes each one of us to start caring about the world we live in.
Tips that we all can live by:
- Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle – Use the three R’s to conserve natural resources and landfill space.
- Volunteer – Volunteer for clean ups in your community.
- Educate – When you further your own education, you can help others understand the importance and value of our natural resources.
- Conserve Water – The less water you use, the less run off and wastewater that eventually ends up in the ocean.
- Shop wisely – Buy less plastic and bring a reusable shopping bag.
- Plant a tree – Trees provide food and oxygen.
I have provided a few websites to get you started in the education of our future doctors, lawyers, scientists or zipper sales reps.
- Choose sustainable – Learn how to make smart seafood choices at www.fishwatch.gov
- Learning and Teaching about the Environment www.epa.gov/students
- Resources for Educators and Youth Leaders www.dec.ny.gov/education
Director of Sales, Central Region
YKK (U.S.A.) Inc.