We understand the importance of protecting the personal information of our customers. We are constantly looking for new and better ways to secure your personal information and to ensure that it is used in a responsible and respectful manner.
YKK Corporation of America
1850 Parkway Place Suite 300
Marietta, GA 30067 USA
California residents, please see the “Your California Privacy Rights” section below.
How and When We Collect Your Information
Personal information is any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household, like your name, address, email address, or phone number. Personal information does not include publicly available information.
We will never sell your data, and we will never share your email address or any other personal information with a third party without your express consent.
We have collected the following categories of personal information in the past twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||NO|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||NO|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||YES|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||YES|
We use a number of cookies on our website, mainly to help us improve the website and enhance your experience when you visit the site. This Cookie Notice sets out details about these cookies, what they’re used for and what your options are with regards to their use.
Cookies are small text files stored on your device by a website you visit. Cookies can be used for many reasons such as visitor analytics, maintaining logged in users, managing e-commerce website transactions, etc.
There are different kinds of cookies that may be used:
- Essential cookies are needed so that the website you are visiting can function.
- Non-essential, non-intrusive cookies are cookies not required for the website to work, but can be used to enhance the performance of the website or provide anonymous, useful information to the website owner (such we website statistics).
- Non-essential, intrusive cookies that are used to store personal data or track website visitor behavior (either across the website or a number of websites).
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are used by third-party services we may use on our websites, such as YouTube or advertising services. We have no control or access to these cookies.
Session cookies are active only during the period you are logged on to www.ykknorthamerica.com and are removed when you leave. They help us track the sections of the website that you use to allow us to make improvements in keeping with observed user preferences.
Permanent cookies remain on your hard drive until you remove them through your browser’s Internet security settings. Permanent cookies are used to store user preferences such as preferred language and thus eliminate your having to make the same entries on each visit.
When you visit our website (www.ykknorthamerica.com) we use the following cookies.
- (_gat, _ga, _gat_UA, _gid); Non-essential, non-intrusive; Anonymized website visitor statistics. We use Google Analytics to collect standard information about visitors to our site and their behavior (e.g., what pages they viewed). The data provided by Google Analytics is anonymized and in no way enables us to identify individual visitors. For more information about how Google Analytics cookies work, visit: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage.
- (_icl_current_language); Required; This cookie name is associated with a WordPress multilingual plug-in from WPML. It stores a language value for the website. Expires in 24 hours.
- (wpml_referer_url); Required; Used when first entering the Site; Stores the last requested URL on the front-end; Expires 1 day from creation/update.
- Our website uses HubSpot’s marketing software to optimize the journey of our customers through our website. We use HubSpot to collect your name, contact information, company name, and interested product information. Additionally, HubSpot’s tracking code sets a number of tracking cookies when you visit our website. For details on the cookies used by HubSpot, visit https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/what-cookies-does-hubspot-set-in-a-visitor-s-browser.
While it is possible to use www.ykknorthamerica.com by having your browser’s Internet security set such that it will not accept cookies, your online experience may be greatly reduced.
Our cookies are not tied to personally identifiable information.
How We Use Personal Information
YKK Corporation of America collects personal information, and we use it to provide our services, improve our services, stay in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share or disclose your information to the following categories of third parties and for the following reasons:
- To third party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Services and provide other administrative services to us.
- We may share your personal information in the course of any direct or indirect reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
- We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government agencies, and other related third parties, in order to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property or safety.
When you contact YKK Corporation of America, you provide YKK Corporation of America with your implied consent to use your information to fulfill your request. You may withdraw your consent at any time by opting out of emails or by contacting us at (770) 261-6120 or email@example.com.
Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
YKK Corporation of America will not use or disclose your personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected without your explicit consent or as required by law.
Links to Third Party Sites
Social Media Widgets
You have a right to access your personal information held by YKK Corporation of America. You may access your personal information by contacting YKK Corporation of America us at (770) 261-6120 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
YKK Corporation of America is required to delete personal data when it is no longer required for a legitimate purpose. YKK Corporation of America upholds your right to deletion without any need for you to make a formal request.
Your California Privacy Rights
From January 1, 2020, California residents have the following rights:
Right to Know – You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, the categories of third parties with whom we share such information, and information about our sale or disclosure for business purposes of your personal information to third parties.
Right to Delete – You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale – You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. Please note we do not “sell” your personal information, as that term is defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018.
Right to Non-Discrimination – You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights.
If you would like to exercise one or more of the above rights, please contact us at (770) 261-6120 or email@example.com. We may need you to provide additional information to verify your request, such as providing certain data elements so that we can confirm they match the personal information already maintained by us. We will not use this additional information for anything other than handling your request. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request in certain circumstances on your behalf. Such authorized agent must be registered with the California Secretary of State.
As required by law, YKK Corporation of America will provide information on action taken on these requests without undue delay and in any event within 45 days of receipt of the request. That period may be extended once by 45 or 90 days where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. We will inform you of any such extension within 45 days of receipt of the request, together with the reasons for the delay.
Additionally, California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our website that are California residents and who have an established business relationship with us to request, once a year, certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Please note, at this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) settings in your browser.