YKK Begins Sale of GreenRise™ Plant-derived Zippers
YKK announces the launch of GreenRise™, a new partially plant-derived zipper. The launch of this product signals YKK’s commitment to the development of environmentally friendly products aimed at contributing to a sustainable society.
GreenRise™ replaces polyester made from conventional fossil fuels with a plant-based material, thereby reducing fossil fuel consumption and CO2 emissions in the product cycle. The partially plant-derived polyester used is made from molasses, the by-product generated in the sugar production process.
- Type: Coil Fastener
- Size: No.5
- Color development: YKK Global Color
- Sales start: June 2019
* Petroleum-based ethylene glycol, which accounts for about 30% of the components constituting the PET (polyester), has been replaced with plant-based ethylene glycol.
- Reduction in fossil fuel consumption
- Reduction in CO2 emissions
- Effective use of byproducts
Additional information: https://www.ykkfastening.com/sustainability/environmental.html